Rajini shakes his head for Kannaa

We all know that a little snip and cut can transform one’s image, indeed choosing the right hairstyle for one’s face is an art in itself. And who would know this better than Kannaa, a city-based hairstylist, who is the man behind the hairstyles of K’town stars like Suriya, Dhanush, Jayam Ravi and other VIPs in the city. However, Kannaa’s list of clients also includes one person who trusts him completely when it comes to his tresses — Superstar Rajinikanth. Apparently, the actor relies on this stylist’s expertise after he gave him a new look in Sivaji. “I was working at a salon in a five star hotel where Rajinikanth was a regular customer,” recalls Kannaa. “He is a down-to-earth person and every time he comes for a haircut he always makes it a point to enquire about my family, work, etc. At one point, he began calling me to his Poes Garden residence or if he is really hard-pressed for time, he would even summon me to the shooting spot,” recalls Kannaa.

The hairstylist says that he was surprised when one day he received a call from the Superstar asking him to come to his house immediately. “I didn’t have a clue about what was so urgent. When I reached his house, Rajini and his make-up artiste Banu were there and he asked me if I could create a wig for his look in Sivaji. At that moment, I was shocked. Mr Shankar had even sent a photo for reference, this was of a 30-year-old man and the Superstar asked me if I could give him a similar look. I took up the challenge since I was quite familiar with Mr Rajini’s style. I worked for 45 minutes and I came up with a style which the actor sported in the movie Dharmatthin Thalaivan several years ago. He was impressed and rewarded me well for my work. That was my first step into tinsel town,” explains the soft-spoken stylist. Later, Kannaa also styled the famous ‘mottai’ look in Sivaji.

For his recent film Enthiran, even though Rajinikanth had stylists from Bollywood working on his look, the actor insisted that Kannaa should be a part of the important scenes in the film. The young hairstylist feels he’s really lucky as he’s had the privilege of sharing screen space with his client. “There’s a scene where Rajini the robot wants to look different from Rajini, the scientist and there’s a part where his hairstyle is changed in a matter of seconds. I was the one working on the hair. I didn’t even know it was being shot,” he smiles. Kannaa has also worked on films starring his other clients like Dhanush, Suriya and Jayam Ravi.

Kannaa has no hesitation in labeling Rajinikanth as the most stylish actor in the country. Recently, when the actor was at his beauty salon for its second anniversary, Kannaa recalls a heartwarming incident, “No star would be open about their beauty secrets like the hair colour they use or the face pack they apply, but Mr Rajini is an exception. When I was colouring his hair recently, he asked me if I wanted to take some pictures and shoot a video with him at the salon. He even posed in front of the camera for a few hours. Indeed, it is a great gesture on his part,” says Kannaa.

- http://www.deccanchronicle.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...