Rajinikanth sir speaks to Anna Hazareji!

In the month of August, when Thiru. Anna hazare went on a 13 days fast; Super Star thiru Rajinikanth had sent a message supporting his fight against corruption. Rajinisir is deeply committed to positive social transformation.
Around the 1st week of December When I came to know about Thiru Anna Hazare’s visit to Chennai on the 18th & 19th I sent a message to Rajini sir expressing my wish that he should meet Annaji and exchange views. But unfortunately Rajini sir was still recovering from severe cold and infection during Annaji’s Chennai visit.
Thiru Anna Hazare visited Chennai on the 18th of December. He was given a rousing reception at the airport by eager volunteers of IAC. The visit was a morale booster for the youth & public of Tamil Nadu. He addressed a crowd of more than 15000 people at the Pachayappas’ college grounds at 5 pm that evening. Public and volunteers of IAC came from all parts of the state. Annaji spoke for almost 40 minutes that evening!
Giving a clarion call to the youth, Annaji called upon them to come forward to serve this country – Bharath-– from being run & controlled by selfish leaders to be transformed into a “great nation”. He also sought them to be inspired by people like Bhagath singh , sukh dev & Rajguru to sacrifice for the country. He said to serve society will be a thankless but highly valuable duty! “ oru vidhai than uyirai thyagam seidhalthaan, oru kadhirin vilaiychal undaagamudiyum” he clarified. He advised the youth to be prepared for any challenge, pain or insults when serving the public interest. “Podhu vazhkaiyil makkalukku sevai seyyumbodhu, avamanathai vaangavaum, thangavaum vizhungavam thayaragha inrungal” was his message. People were so inspired and energized by Annaji’ talk.
On the 19th of December Annaji left for the Airport to take a morning flight. I was luckily part of the entourage to see off Annaji & team at the airport.As he was waiting for boarding, around 10.30am, I got a call.SURPRISE! Rajini sir was on line!
Hurriedly I explained that Annaji was about to board the flight. Rajini sir expressed a wish to talk to him if it was possible. I rushed, checked with Annaji and he happily agreed. I connected the call thru my mobile for Rajini sir to speak with Annaji. I was so thrilled that two amazing personalities – so loved by millions of Indians- are connecting up!
Happily I stood in front of Annaji and heard this side of the conversation. Annaji was smiling and chatting. “I have heard so much about you , and I am happy to talk to you” he told Rajijinisir. I had goose bumps. In the course of the chat (I do not know what was told at the other end by Rajinisir) Annaji laughed lightly and responded humorously and joked too! They spoke for a few minutes. “May be next time we will meet” Annaji concluded.
Later after seeing Annaji off, I connected with Rajinisir. He stated that he saw the complete speech of Annaji live on TV! He was amazed by the response of the public. He was in full praise for the IAC efforts at the meeting at the pachayappas’ college and heartily congratulated me on the Tamil translation I had done of Annaji’s speech. I was humbled. Eagerly he asked as to when Annaji is coming back again to Chennai. I stated what Annaji had mentioned in the public meeting. “when we achieve our goal of Jan lok pal becoming a reality , I will come again for celebrations at Chennai”. Rajinisir said he will look forward to that.
That was a momentous occasion: two great personalities, two good souls getting connected!
- Raja Krishnamoorthy (khitty)- IAC volunteer &
Co-author of “Rajin’s Punchtantra”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...